Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 09:50 PM   #10
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

I never knew that a fuse block could become rusty and keep me from driving my truck. After much fiddling with it, my dad was able to wiggle the prong on the back of the fuse block just enough so that the brake lights finally came on. The next day, we got the truck tagged and insured. The day after that, I drove the truck for the first time to my school for my senior pictures. It took 11 months for me to get the truck back on the road due to focusing more one school and baseball. The only things that have been done by a shop have been getting a muffler welded on, and an alignment done. My dad and I have done everything else, with mostly myself doing all the work.

This picture is from when I ran out of gas because I thought I had more in the tank than I actually did. The sending unit in the tank had the strap thingy break. I was able to solder it back together (out of the tank of course), and it has worked great ever since.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote