View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 10:07 PM   #5
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: '67 Jimmy longbed project

So here are my plans:

I will be towing my 12' 1954 Aloha camper with this truck so I need to ditch the step bumper and install a hidden hitch and roll pan like my old '60. I posted a pic below of my '60 with the camper which is the original truck I joined this website with a long time ago.

I am not a huge fan of the wheels...I've never really liked the raked look with big n little tires. So if anyone wants them, let me know. Haha. I will probably end up running a set of rally's or turbine mags like I used to run on my '78. Or I might run steelies and poverty caps like I do with my van.

I am going to raise the front end an inch or two I think. It is a little too low for me.

Other than that, I want to get rid of the high stall converter and swap in a nice RV cam so I have good torque for towing. Later down the road, I'd like to put in a gear vendors. I ran one in my '78 and loved it!

So that's about all I have to say right now. Been a great day. Let me know your thoughts and opinions. This site has been such a great place over the years to make new friends and enjoy everyone's projects. I look forward to many more years.
Attached Images

Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote