View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
MARTINSR

Re: I guess this is bodywork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
Brian, I agree with what you have said, what you didn't know is its not my normal course of action. I was mad at not cleaning the threads first as I know better. Lack of sleep had me on the ragged edge. My wife just had her gallbladder removed and had me getting up early hours getting her pain pills etc.
So add the pressure of my wife's Dad in failing health, who bought the car for my wife. She wants to take him for a drive while he can enjoy it. Then the way overdue paint job on the hood. bla bla bla.
I have read books similar to what you have suggested.
I apologized to my wife and kid and told my boy that was a poor example of how to handle things.
Rather than deal with any attempt at repair last night I walked away. After my meltdown.

Back to the bolt.
I sprayed InForce on it before leaving for work this morning.
Worst case I drill and go oversize (I hope not)
Hoping easy out works. Might see if I can slide a piece of 16G under the threaded area.
Its been decades since I had to use an easy out (been lucky I suppose)
I started this thread wondering if any new tech has developed?
Probably should have left out the tantrum. Ah well.
Hope all gets better, yes there are times when any of us go too far, sorry to hear of your troubles.

Is any of the bolt sticking out? I can't believe how many times I have had a bolt break and then find out I can unscrew it easily! It broke going in, it may have cleaned the threads up and now it will unscrew. I have grabbed them with vice grips or using a sharp small chisel got them moving out so I could grab it. Give that a try?

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote