View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #7
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: '60-'66 Body On A '73-'87 Frame

Yes, that could be done to lower the stance, just more work to do get just a stock C10 ride height. On the above truck, using the '74 frame was not my decision. I was wanting to locate a '63-'72 frame. And I do understand that in some parts of the country, good older frames just can not be found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot_Douglas View Post
Honest question - couldn't that be brought back close to "stock" by going "spring under axle" and swapping in drop spindles? Not saying it's a better alternative than an older frame (I'm with you - I think it sits too high), but sometimes the opportunity of a good frame doesn't always present itself.

The '73-'87 frames drop down a little lower under the cab than the '63-'72's, and then they kick up too far forward for the older cab to sit down where it needs to be. The frame behind the cab has a different contour than the '63-'72 frames also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
So what's the difference in frames that makes it need to sit so high, is it because the drop frame under the cab doesn't drop as much as a 60-66?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote