View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 12:48 AM   #8
56hotrodred

Re: Difficult mounting/fitting VA Surefit evaporator in 1956 task force

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowt1ed View Post
56, can you post pics of your rad/cooler/cond up front? Did you need to remove the support cross supports, and did the VA condensor mount directly to the outside of rad support? I have my U.S. Radiator in and about to order the VA kit as well.

Thanks, Jim
So here are some pictures of where I am at now with the rad, condenser and trans cooler. Still a bit of a mock-up and all plastic ties will be replaced with nuts and bolts. Also the aluminum 3/4x3/4 square stock will be replaced with what I believe is called a trim line fan mount bracket (Summit # 32124 or 32125).

You can see from these pictures that I simply flattened the VA condenser brackets to allow me to save some space. A little more work and some cleaning up with paint and they should look okay. I also need to space them out a bit and that is the rubber pieces are doing in there for now. Once the rad is in they can not be seen anyway.

Please note I have removed the rad so you can see the condenser location but the rad sits on the red rubber pad. This was the upper rad mount in the kit but I needed it on the bottom. I will fabricate a new similar mount with fan shroud mounting points for the upper.

Also you can see what I am up against with the condenser hose connections! I will need to cut some more of the core support away and then clean that up but I think it should work. The drier will be moved to a low position on the firewall using the beadlock 14 fitting extended hose kit (Summit #547000).

There is about one inch between each of them and it all appears to fit behind the grill. I hope that is enough space between them!!!

I think or at least hope it will all work fine.

If anyone sees any potential issues please feel free to speak up. I need all the help I can get.

I am undecided on what electric fan set up I am going to use but will do a new post to ask the experts what they recommend.
Attached Images

56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote