View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #135
Critter
Future TOTM Winner

Re: The Great Critter Revival ‘09

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
I'm pretty sure those wheels are aluminum. Magnesium wheels haven't been made for decades and I don't think they ever came in that pattern. I could of course be wrong. But I have some 5 bolts of those on my truck and I've seen several trucks with these in 6 bolt. They were made by Western and called tubines, cyclones and huricanes. They are fairly easy to find used. They should polish up ok, I hope, because I plan on using mine for a while yet.
I am the farthest thing from a Mag wheel expert as there can be. I am just going by what a couple of the local tire shops told me along with the parts guy when I went in to buy some lug nuts. According to the PO they have been on the blazer since at LEAST the early 80's maybe longer. I know they are very hard to clean and the best I could get them came after alot of scrubbing with Eagle 1 Mag Cleaner. They don't look like any aluminum wheel I have seen but I could be wrong. Any way to check for sure? I'm EXTREMEMLY curious now!

Here are some "after scrubbing" closeup pics and a pic of the Mag Shank style lug they require.
Attached Images

Check it out www.lsdyno.com
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote