View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:59 PM   #1
KyleSeal

Radiator Questions!

Well Im in the assembly stage (finally) of my 70. So this brings lot of questions to mind during assembly.

The main one I'm battling right now is the radiator fitment. I have a new core support in my truck from LMC, which actually is working out very good, but the radiator I have (came with truck when bought, looks 'stock') does not fit. Ive read some info on HD mounts (upper/lower) but am still left with some questions.

Does this core support not have the HD lower mounts? What is the measurement for the HD lower mounts? Also, does my radiator look stock? The P/O had removed the lower mounts, bolted (literally) the radiator to the core support and used angle iron to hold it in place, so I have no original reference of fitment with it. See attached photos.

I'm not afraid to cut and install new ones, but before I cut up my nice replacement support I want to know for sure. Also, if it comes down to it and I need to just have something that works, would a 2 or 3 row work okay for a mild cam/stock bottom end 350 V8? Average summer temps in VA are 90-100 June - August.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote