View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
benoit454
Chris

Re: What did you do yo your truck today??

nope you see how masking it is, a rug/throw over the motor, and some tape on the radiator sides then on some hoses and cables and such, only until they fell under the cover, then I did nothing else to them.

Here's the kicker, that's spray cans, so less over spray and easy to get in and use in tight spots.

It was around the same price if not cheaper then using quarts and such.

before anyone gets any ideas, this IS auto paint, it was mixed at the body shop supply, and it's single stage with hardner just as you'd spray from your paint gun so yea it'll last and it'll hold up great.

I bought 5 cans, used 4, $17 a can(some were cheaper for some reason, like when I bought more then one thing) so I got roughly $60-70 in what I done, not counting primer and filler, or sand paper, primer was spray cans, used 3 kinds, all rustoleum brand, used self etch on bare metal, filler primer on body work areas, then used some black on the firewall, made my paint cover better and faster being dark.

Now quarts and such run you roughly $50 a quart or more, then you add in reducer, which in my case for the base coat I got to use on the outside of the truck is $10 a thing, then hardner is usually $25-50 a pint can, so yea it costs more that way, plus everything and I mean EVERYTHING! has to be masked off due to overspray.

I should have masked more, I got some on the window and front chrome, but hey thinner brings that off easy. I'll just touch up my frame with some black and that'll fix it.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote