View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 01:32 AM   #1
dec010974

better ride suspension

Hello to all. I have 1980, C10 with a 5/7 or 5/8 drop. The Front has 3 inch Belltech Drop spindles, 2 inch CPP Lowering Springs, with Belltech 2103HA Shocks. The rear has a flip Kit, 1-2 inch Lowering Shackles, Stock leaf Springs (3 Leafs + thick helper leaf), with a 1 inch lowering block and Belltech 2208HF Shocks. I Love the stance. The C10 is Leveled and it rides on 18x8 Wheels, with 255/18/40 Tires. Here is were it goes south. The ride is cool and smooth on a smooth surface road, but when it hits a bump or uneven pavement, its kindy bouncy or bobbly. The suspension is very giving/bobbly when it hits a bump. The bouncy/bobbly doesn't last long, but I want to make it a better ride. I don't know if I'm describing it correctly in car terms, but I'm sure someone knows what I am experiencing. Maybe I'm expecting it to ride like my 2015 suburban, which im sure it never will, but can the suspension be better than it is? I thought about changing the old leaf springs for a new set, with Ridetech Shocks, all the way around. I dont know if that will work. I don't want spend $$$ and get similar results. Suspension gurus please help a brother out. Thanks in advance, Clark
dec010974 is offline   Reply With Quote