View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #6
hewittca

Re: Development/Concept Photos Master Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The earlier pictures up to the 60-66 GMC look like production photos. Does anyone see anything different? I guess they are "final" concept pictures. The 60-66 GMC has the tube grille and I never saw that 2-tone scheme. They had the white above the crease in the bed. How about that Tempo? I guess a prototype of what became the LUV?
You are right, almost all of the Advanced Design and Task Force photos are production ready versions of the trucks. I sourced my photos from the same place I got all the 60-66 and 67-72 photos, and there just weren't that many development photos for the earlier trucks. Probably a combination of fewer concepts making it to mockup stage due to budgetary restrictions, and a lack of emphasis on photographic documentation.

There are, however, several slight variations that you can spot throughout that didn't make it to production. My favorites for the Advanced Design trucks are the proposed tailgate designs and the funky hood on the GMC.

For the Task Force trucks, I really liked the proposed GMC 100 Series Deluxe that had many subtle custom modifications.

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote