View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #22
kikkegek

Re: Improve mileage 350 with Quadrajet

Quote:
Originally Posted by motornut View Post
actually maybe there is
nope!

checked it again and it isnt there. I'll check again tomorrow. Now it is dark over here!

I do not cover the front during winter. It is our first winter though with this car. We had european cars all before this one.

@big10ratrod77: I know exactly what you mean. but. during this summer we drove 850km at 90-95 km/h (so about 550miles at about 55mph) and we got a MPG of about 6. Then at our destination we drove in very hilly country side, lost of stops lots of different speeds. we got a MPG of 6. Then back in the Netherlands we drive 60/40 highway/city and still we get 6 mpg.

You'd expect there would be more difference between long highway trips and 60/40 home driving. But nothing seems to influence the mileage.

Even changing the sparkplug-wires, coolingfan and cold-air-intake did not change a thing...and all these manufacturers promise big improvements in mileage and power for these parts.....

we even tried driving a whole tank with airco on and then a tank with airco off....nothing seems to influence it.

we drive very relaxed. no rushing. because we are very happy with our ride and hope to keep it for a long time.

thats when I turned to you guys...

help! hahahaha...

I am gonna pull the vacuum advance tomorrow to see if this changes the rpm when idleing..

I dont think the wires are on wrong and I dont think the timing is wrong, because the engine just sounds like a pirring kitten when idleing...or could this still be the case when this stuff is wrong?
kikkegek is offline   Reply With Quote