Thread: Look what I did
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #1
flyboyjack

Look what I did

I started to post on this and it all disappeared. So here goes again

After loosing such a gargantuan glovebox to the guys at Vintage Aire, I decided to at least provide some room for the standard truck and car junk.

So I built this. It's a tight friction fit and is removable should the need arise. I also have placed 12vdc electrical quick disconnects to facilitate removal. There are 2 12vdc outlets on the sloped front of the console. One a standard power outlet and the other a 2 place 2.1 ma USB charger.

My dog, a 70 pound Airedale, (Hot Rod), my wife, no weight allowed for disclosure, (Darlene), and I are leaving tomorrow on a six day road trip. I figured you can never have too many drink holders so I put 2 on the top of the console. I also installed the Morris 3 point restraints. Fairly easy. I took the seat out to do something else and it made the seatbelt install really easy. I really wanted to keep this truck as original as possible, but I figured being dead because I cut a corner on safety probably wasn't under the "smarts list". These things are expensive but very good quality.

I know some are going to Goodlettesville. Hope to see y'all there.
Attached Images

Last edited by LockDoc; 07-10-2019 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Flipped pictures
flyboyjack is offline   Reply With Quote