View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 08:39 PM   #22
OutlawDrifter

Re: 1989 GMC K5 Jimmy SLE Daily Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
We had a similar exhaust set up on our Jimmy and we had a drone inside cruising around. I figured out that the exhaust was reverberating againced the body with the side exhaust. I switched it to come straight out the rear and the problem went away, much quieter inside.
Muffler change out to the Walker Quiet-Flow SS fixed the issue. I had my tailpipe passed the edge of the body with that chrome tip. I though the same thing with just the tailpipe, it was tucked inside the edge of the bumper about 3-4".

Walker setup is exactly what I wanted. It sounds very similar (and is built in the same manner) as the Flo~Pro Big Oval I had on my 6.0l powered 2500HD.

It was a relief to not hear the drone...the older I get, the less I want to deal with that on my DD. If I want loud, I can take the '49 GMC or the Z28 out.

All of my audio upgrades were ordered today. 5.25" speakers for the kick panels, 6x9s for the back, amp wiring kit, dash adapter, and Bluetooth headunit. All Kenwood gear for the speakers and headunit. I've had really good luck in the past with the brand for sound quality vs. $$.

Still trying to decide on an attack plan for the iBoards, think I'll try the body subframe and the pinch weld for extra caution.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote