View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 07:23 PM   #24
sixty4bigwindow

Re: I guess it's my turn. Build thread for "Rocket"

*EDIT: Notice my wife's happy face for the pic in the second one lol... Had to add that it there against her wishes!!

Ok, so this pretty much brings me current. And this one will be a lot of story to go along with the pics. As things stand now, we have put everything in storage, and my wife, step daughter, and I have moved in with a friend of my wifes in her big house, in preparation for the big move south. January 19th we pack up from Southern Oregon and move to Solvang CA. I accepted a job with BofA down in that area. Until we get settled (don't even have our own place lined up yet,) we will be packing lightly. All of my tools are in storage, except for my little portable metal box with the basics and essentials lol..

Back to the truck since then, its been my daily since August, and other than the hiccup of the ball joint, has been absolutely golden. Since the suspension was beginning to bother me with how the ride in the back was horrid, I picked up a set of wrangler springs (FO FREE) from a guy on CL downsizing. Ordered the spring cups from Summit, and voila, actual rear suspension, not sitting on load springs lol... The issue with this was, after the drop spindles in front, in addition to the cut springs and having bigger profile tires in back, the rake was absolutely horrendous. It was so bad, that after I adjusted the headlights as high as they would go on the tilt, they were still pointed at the street! So, another craigslist trip, 25 bucks on some stock front springs, and about an hour and a half in the driveway later. I brought the front back up above. You can see the difference in the last 2 pics. And the last one is how it sets today, doors with windows back on, and a little lower than stock.

The other two pics were showing that this beast was the MAIN moving rig when we threw all of our stuff in storage, and even though it used more gas than we would've liked, it handled everything like a champ!

I am assuming with the rig staying behind for a few months during the move, and a LOT of life transition coming up, Rocket will be tabled for a while. But once I get back on it, you guys will be the first to know. Thank you all so much for taking this short (so far,) but emotional trip.
Attached Images

sixty4bigwindow is offline   Reply With Quote