View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #21
imsuchaman55

Re: Project racing $$$. 1968 GMC SWB 5.3/4l60E Build

Im glad you guys like the gauges. Not a whole lot going on right now as far as updates. Taking the plunge today and making a good sized order on mail order parts, so should be getting a lot done after next week when everything shows up.

Im going to finish up the wiring this weekend with loom, hard wire the gauges and all power wires into existing harness, get the power steering plumbed, and finish the fuel lines. Im running #6 braided as a feed and blue #6 fuel line as a return, along with braided power steering lines. My fuel pump and fittings will be showing up today so I can get it wrapped up. I welded a bung to the bottom of the stock tank, and got a walbro external pump, and using the stock pickup for the return line. I cut the stock pickup down though so it wouldnt cavitate at the new pickup. Going to pull the engine out to drill out 2 broken exhaust manifold bolts, and do some detail work on the frame/firewall so when the engine goes in it looks nice and clean. also will be fabricating the DBW pedal so it looks and feels stock on the floor. And tracking down a 1 piece driveline, or having one made.

My laundry list of parts being ordered today include....
-6 lug disk brake kit for fronts with lowered spindles
-carpet kit
-headliner with trim ring
-steering wheel
-new headlight bezels
-either rear bumper or roll pan, on the fence still
-hood hinges
and some other random stuff.

I have been looking all over for low back 40/20/40 seats to put in here. Ive found a few places online that have some nice ones, but was wondering if any of you guys knew where I could get some?? I would like to put new black seats in this so the whole interior looks new and plush.
imsuchaman55 is offline   Reply With Quote