View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
jokers10

70 LWB Fleetside ShopTruck

I have been an S10 guy since I was 16. Have owned 6 of them in various states of condition. I just purchased my first C10 and my plans are to make it into a shop truck/motorcycle hauler. I am going from the stock leaky 250, and putting in the latest 350 build I am pulling from my s10 blazer (it was fun, but can't justify usefulness at the moment).

I am here in the suspension section because I want to know if my plans sound right, and get more direction.

I want to lower the front using 2.5" spindles, while upgrading to power steering and brakes. Also I will likely add discs up front as long as they don't interfere with the 15"steelies with poverty caps.

Out back I want to remove the heavy duty leaf, and put in the 2" blocks. I would also like to replace the rear coils with bags. I don't want to drag or lay frame. I want to use the bag to lower the rear to lessen the angle for a motorcycle to drive up an 8 ft ramp into the bed. I also want the bags to be able to load level if I am pulling a trailer as well.

What kinds of issues do I need to keep an eye out for when doing this? I know that c-notches are a necessity.
jokers10 is offline   Reply With Quote