View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 12:38 AM   #5
Accelo

Re: To powder or not to powder?

IMHO " living a quarter mile at least from the nearest paved Road" is the best argument to powder coat I have heard. Yes you will have to touch up paint where as p/c will last and last. As you know, but many others do not, there is even a highly durable p/c. I used it for the inner side of the inner fenders.

Some advantages also relate to the environment. Not only doesn't release hydrocarbons into the environment it doesn't do it twice when it has to be repainted.
I can do my own powder coating for the medium and smaller items. I believe it would cost more to clean a paint gun than the powder costs. In your case it will save hundreds of dollars.

If you want concourse stock you would paint the frame with the asphalt based paint the factory used and trailer it. Their is a reason why their are not any painted frames left, even in AZ. It's the cheapest stuff you can coat something with and still call it paint.

I am a big fan of powder coating. If the factory had used it rusty frames would be nonexistent.
Cheers
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote