View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 11:11 PM   #7
sfont66

Re: Drive line angle questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
With your angels listed above i would raise the trans 1 degree and leave the rear alone. When raising the trans it will also cahnge the angle of the driveshaft to close to 2 degrees resulting in 2.6/2/2.3.
Thanks for your reply,

The transmission in my truck is a T56 magnum, and is fairly large, I have the high hump transmission tunnel, but even with the high hump, a portion of the rear of the transmission is very close to contacting the floor of the truck. I can’t raise the transmission any further without modifying the floor. I found a company that makes a extended high hump cover, and believe it would allow the transmission to be raised far enough to get to 2.6 degrees. Level 7 is proud of this piece, as they are fairly expensive, $355 plus tax and shipping.
This could be a solution though, with those numbers the drive shaft may be happier.

I’m not sure how to figure what the driveshaft angle would be if I added a 1 degree shim to the rear of current setup to plug the numbers into the driveline calculator, to get the operating angles, so my original plan may not be the best plan.

Again, I want to thank those that have responded with suggestions /advice, I appreciate it.
Attached Images