View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #163
SCOTI

Re: Dropmember Rear 63-72 Spy Pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwhite View Post
Well guys, I have emailed Nate and posted elsewhere but I figured I'd give you something semi-interesting to discuss.

Goal is to lay out a 62 LWB with a 63+ frame on air. Front will be the complete PB setup.

Options are

Rear drop setup using PBs Trailing arm "kit"(all PB parts like notch etc...)

Rear drop setup using PBs 4 link kit

I would automatically assume the 4 link is better but I have been wrong before. Will be a daily driver including the ND winters(focus on the suspension, not the winter affecting air ride) so any "extra" ground clearance is a plus. Big wheels are on the list of to do, I figure about 29" tire diameter. Most everything I have figured out so stick with the rear suspension differences. Thanks a ton guys!

What would you do?
How wide of a rear tire are you planning? Both will put you on the ground w/PB's 4-bar set-up allowing up to 10" wide rear wheels & appropriate width tires. PB's T/A set-up allows for a little more (up to 12" wide wheels/tires).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote