View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 01:50 AM   #4
mr48chev

Re: 1954 Truck, Mustang II, Caster Issue

I've got to go with Martinsr on this. I couldn't understand why you had a caster issue when I saw the lead to the thread and when I opened it there is no caster issue,

This isn't a Ford transverse spring I beam front end that runs around 5 to 7 degrees of caster to track right..

A starting point of 2 to 2.5 degrees (actually you may not need that much) + caster with 1/2 degree + camber in the left wheel and 1/4 degree + camber in the right wheel and 1/8 toe in should be a good starting point for a truck that will track right running down the freeway at 70 MPH without an issue.
Note if you live in a country where you drive on the other side of the road the camber settings are reversed. The difference in camber between front wheels compensates for the crown "camber" of the road so the truck or anything else will drive straight down the road in the outside lane or the one next to it and you should be able to go hands off for a serious distance if it is set right.

You just don't ed a load of caster to have these rigs drive great with an MII front end under them.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote