View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 02:45 PM   #10
68Stepbed

Re: 1970 C10 suspension help

OK, not sure what rear drop springs those are, but yes, the rear shock angle is terrible(actually non-existent). I would almost bet you still have the stock panhard bar, and it's also at a terrible angle.

Those front springs are way too short. They're probably either cut springs or some of those older lowering springs that nobody makes anymore. I would imagine they flop around every time you hit a pothole.

Either way, what you have isn't safe!!

I know it sounds like I'm trying to spend your money, but I suggest either an ECE drop kit, or the RideTech kit. Don't be thinking that the bad ride is because it's so low. It's because the components used are wrong and nothing is working together. The ECE 4/6 kit will put you about the same height, but will have a better shock angle, correct rate springs, a corrected panhard bar(aka Super Track Bar) for the rear. The front will include 2.5" drop spindles, and 1.5" drop springs.

Very few of these trucks actually had sway bars from the factory, so it may not have been removed, as much as never had one. ECE sells a stock style sway bar with all the brackets and bushings, or you could pick up a used sway bar and get some bushings and brackets.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote