View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 01:17 AM   #4
Knight72

Re: Big Rhonda long term build thread

Some progress today. Pulled the bed and the Frame is solid just super rusty. Plans are gaining clarity and solidifying on where I want this truck to go. Frame off restoration is probably not the most accurate description. I have seen some amazing full restorations on the site and it's not fair to put my build on that level. I am definitely pulling the cab and bed. So technically it's a frame off, but I am building a driver that's gonna work like a truck and hopefully look good. However I won't be cutting corners and all of the rusted metal will be cut from cab and replaced with new. I am debating on power washing the gunk and wire wheeling the frame, then two coats por15 and a top coat. Southern winters are mild with no salt. I am hoping this is the best course, but I'm still scouring the paint and body subsection. I don't have a compressor up to the task of spraying... Yet. It's on the list. So a roller or spray bomb option is my plan for the frame. Bed floor has some serious issues. It will be the next section to tackle looks to be the left and right sections at the header panel end need to be replaced. I will be marking and cutting those sections and hopefully welding replacements in by late May/early June. I am also planning on bed lining the bed and associated areas due to the expectations of loading tons of stuff in the truck over the next few years. Not sure if I should power wash and por15 it before hitting it with bed liner. Also I decided I am going with solid black paint with a dark saddle interior.
Attached Images

Still plugging away.

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...42#post8247142
Knight72 is offline   Reply With Quote