View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #5
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: Long water pump vs short water pump

but the brackets and pulleys are not 68. the ps pump and pulley, and alt bracket are off of a (what look to be) a 305 with long water pump...so i dont see why they wont work on my 78 malibu motor, which also has a long water pump. again, i havent tried bolting up the ps pump, just gathering info before i do to make sure they fit. im thinking the alt bracket is for a short water pump, that the po used a spacer to make fit a long water pump.

im having trouble posting pics of the motor thats in the truck now (which is what the ps pump, ps pulley and bracket, and alt bracket is from). if anyone wants me to email them to post up i can do that. just let me know. i dont have a lot of engine skills lol, so figuring if this is a long or short on the motor in the truck is my problem

*edit* why would i need an internally regulated alternator? i went with a 67 externally so i didnt have to do the internal modification. would it bolt up different? my stock plug plugs right into the new one i bought...

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]

Last edited by kev2809; 12-20-2010 at 01:33 PM.
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote