View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #208
da_bears_da1

Re: [B]65 Stepside Frame off Resto[/B]

Bomp - Thanks for checking in. Life took a left turn last fall but in a good way. Long story somewhat short, my wife retired this past December and decided last summer we were too young to be retired (not my thought at all). She saw a business that teaches math to kids and got interested in it. We ended up buying two franchises for this business called Mathnasium. They way the have developed a system for teaching kids math that is pretty cool.

So, in October I still had some time to work on the truck but that changed around mid November. I have been getting leases in place, getting both sites built out, doing permits, going to training, etc. Looks like I will be busy into the summer.

There is a good side for the truck on all of this. Even though I am having to basically take 9 months off from the truck, I have gotten my wife to agree to a larger budget for finishing the truck. She also had been saying I would have to sell the truck to fund the next project which I have also successfully negotiated her off that point. Bottom line is I won't be rolling down the road this summer but will be next summer with more goodies on the truck.

Believe me, I can't wait to get back to the wrenches!

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote