View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
blazed870

Re: First Time Bagger.... trying to cup LCA's

OK small update, sorry no pics yet.

Took my bed off today to make it easier to get to everything. Pulled the old cut springs, hats and shocks off the rear. Mocked up the Airlift Dom 2500's in the back. Looks like I will need some 4" long bolts to run through the trailing arms into the bottom hole on the bags. Now for some questions

1. Everyone mounts the bags with the air port and two mounting holes on the frame right? Just seems like the right thing to do as you wouldn't want the airline moving with the trailing arms. My problem is that I have a C pipe notch with it boxed in, so it is going to make it a little difficult to bolt everything in on the top. Was reading through the posts and saw a cool trick of using studs on the upper mount holes. Probably going to do that.

2. Should I think about purchasing the bolt in C-notch and cut out the pipe C-notch and boxing on the frame?

3. I was thinking about mounting the 2.5 gallon air tank and compressor on the outside of the frame rail, under the cab, in line of each other. Anyone have any objections or better setups than this? I don't want to mount them in the back because I am eventually going to have a rearmount gas tank.

4. I am thinking I need the super-track bar and some shock relocators(damn I wish I planned this better). Hoping to save a little dough and get some shocks from some the threads that reference OEM shocks versus buying them in the kit.

5. Thinking that now would be the time to put in some drop blocks since I have easy access to it. Was thinking about going with a 1" or 1.5" drop block since I am running 15" rallys. Do the blocks and u-bolts that jegs sells work or are they just for leaf-spring setups? If not, where is a good(cheap) place to get these?

My goal is to try and get the compressor and tank mounted, plumbed, and wired, and the rear bags setup for now. And do the front once I can finish cupping a spare set of lower control arms I have, and when I can afford to get the front-end rebuild parts.

I will try to post pics tomorrow with my current status.
blazed870 is offline   Reply With Quote