Thread: 2014's are out!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #15
Dalaigh
Canadian Trucker

Re: 2014's are out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalaigh View Post
Sorry I should've been more specific, the lack of suicide doors for extended cab trucks makes the extended cab useless. A friend has a Dodge extended cab (with the short standard style door) and both of us agree that when loading and unloading the back of our extended cabs (groceries, tools and suck), the standard style doors are useless, they get in the way, they open what maybe 80 degrees. My extended cab's suicide doors open 170 degrees right out of the way, making loading a breeze. It is one of the best things GM had going for the trucks, and now they've made the extended cabs just as useless Dodge. And I was wrong Ford still has suicide doors, but the only open 90 degrees. Not as useful as my 170 degrees doors, but at least with both side doors open theres plenty of room to load.
I have no problem with passengers getting in and out of my truck, even in parking lots. The only passenger that has issues is my brother, but he is mentally handicapped, so he sits up front anyway.
And if you have a lot of passengers, buy a crew cab. The extended cab truck was intended to be used as a tradesman or work truck, with a place to securely store their tools and equipment. The original extended cabs either didn't have back seats or had fold down jump seats, this is the way they should still be, but all the manufactures seem to think the more people you can get in the better.
But, it doesn't really matter anyway now, the days of the extended cab are numbered. I wouldn't doubt they just stop making them in a few years, now that they finally sell a useful bed size with a half ton crew cab. Who ever designed the 5' bed obviously never worked a day in his life, anything shorter then 6.5' is pointless. My next truck will be a crew cab with a 6.5' bed, I won't even entertain the idea of buying an extended cab now.
This,

2020 Silverado Trail Boss - 6.2/10spd
Dalaigh is offline   Reply With Quote