View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #42
VH Coachworks

Re: 88-98 Chevy & GMC Heavy Duty Headlight Harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueBomber View Post
The problem I'm having with my HIDs are my drivers side headlight doesn't come on sometimes in the morning and I have to sit there for a while to get it to come on. Is that something that is happening because of the thin wires I used to hook up the 4 hi relay? Will this kit fix that problem?
What you're experiencing could be a variety of issues. The most likely cause is that it has to do with the wiring; whether it be from the stock harness or the 4-hi relay you added. Even though it is on the drivers side, the passenger side ballast could be igniting first and starving the drivers side HID ballast.

With our harness, it would be providing both headlights 13.8V+ anytime your headlight switch is on, therefore providing the HID's with 100% of the power they need to run properly. As well as providing you with an integrated 4-High feature. It's always best to run a good HD Harness when running HID's, so that they have the power they need to run properly; also so the HID's don't overload the OE harness and headlight switch.

With a harness installed, if you where ever to have issues with your HID's, you'd know that the issue lies in the HID kit itself and not your truck! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask and we'll be more then happy to help!

Thanks,
Baron
VH Coachworks
VH Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote