Thread: Big Red Dog
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
65 wonton

Big Red Dog

I have a 66 one ton Chevy PU that needs some body work done and I am not a skilled body man. I have seen, here and on other sites, some outstanding work done on these old trucks.

So I have been surfing with an eye on location. I stumbled onto shortbed70 and his 65 rebuild. He is only a couple of hours from me on a route I travel monthly, so we met up and came to an agreement.

Here are a few pics of the delivery of my vehicle (well, parts). Troy will be along to document his work. We are looking at both cab corners, foot wells/kick panels, rockers, fenders and a few weld-ups around the cab plus primer and paint (this dog will be red). This is a DD and not a show truck. Troy has already notified me that he has started.

Backing up to Troy's shop to unload.

It is amazing how few parts make up a truck.

And a few of the work I'm asking Troy to do.

Those guys that get paid for being right about 40% of the time were right on this one. The weather started to turn nasty on the way home, but certainly not the worst I've seen or driven through. Snow,rain,sleet, hail, it just couldn't make up its mind.

So I will get this started and Troy will be along to update us. BTW, this is not intended to be a build post but a post for Troy to show his work.

Thanks for looking, Dave.
65 wonton is offline   Reply With Quote