View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #17
RuralRoute C-30

Re: TOTM - November 2010

Thanks Bob and Jeff. This C-30 has been in a state of transition from the day I brought it home last February. Actually it spent most its life as a wrecker for a body shop until the owner retired, letting it sit for over a year before he sold the wrecker half only to replace it with this set-up:

Needless to say that red box he added for a wannabe landscaper truck was the first thing to go. That was not my vision for what I wanted to see for this truck.

Granted it came with problems. It didn't take too long after arriving home to discover when the wrecker bed was removed a lot of wiring was cut and while it sat in semi-retirement mice moved into the dash. So what you see today has had my fingerprints over every square inch to get it to this point where now it can work and play like it did when new. Yet part of the fun is being able to work on it and thanks to this forum that makes it a lot easier!

Yes this was exactly what I had been looking for in a truck for a long time. Today, looking back, despite the little things I had to do to get it right, I couldn't have imagined anything as nice as this one has turned out.

Yet, like everything, it all takes time to get it to the specs I was wanting in a truck. Finally, today it has become the truck I wanted to see since I brought it home; a 'built like a rock' classic Chevy 1-ton with a pto dump bed, a little bit of chrome, mechanically solid 350 with the 4-speed manual. These days it is just an enjoyable truck to work when needed and to play with on occasion.

While it is no where near perfect for any show,(yet) it has, for our needs, become a truck for all seasons. yes, this one is a keeper.

Mark

"Reality is just a hallucination brought on by lack of alcohol."

Last edited by RuralRoute C-30; 10-18-2010 at 12:00 AM.