View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 09:35 AM   #32
GAc10boy

Re: '92 Chevy c1500 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
When did this motorcycle thing happen ? You been holding out on us .
It's a new thing, but as most things with me, I'm bitten by the bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
How much for the wheelwell moldings ?
The moldings are yours, no charge. You've helped me out a ton in the past and I appreciate your friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
For the love of god please tell me you'll change the bumpers too and not leave them on there with the impact strips when the side strips are pulled. It looks so tacky to everyone I've ever talked to. On that note, you have the very special red impact strips that were sport truck only and match the paint job. I'd consider leaving them.
I'm only removing the pinstripe on the upper part of the truck and the wheel well moldings, not the lower moldings with the red stripe that are unique to the sport trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burger View Post
Hey Robbie- I hear what Tom's saying. The bumpers would look silly if you only removed the side molding, making it an all or nothing kind of deal. Can you remove the bumper trim or would that leave mounting holes?

I like a clean truck, so I'd remove all the molding if that's practical. If it gets too expensive or involved, what you already have looks nice and it might be wise to leave well enough alone.

Now that I've talked myself in a circle, I'm just gonna sit back and wait to see what you do.

Ed
Haha! You sound like me. Only removing the pinstripe and the wheelwell moldings. Lower moldings stays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDrifter View Post
according to his post, he is just removing the wheel well molding. the stuff screwed to the arches.
You got it!

UNITED BY TRUCKS - classic truck video content
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/unitedbytrucks
Instagram: @united_by_trucks
Paw Paw '68 508 Dark Blue Custom C10
Teddy '68 GMC SWB 503 Light Green LS Build
Mississippi Mud '75 Skyline Blue Patina SBC Build
GAc10boy is offline   Reply With Quote