View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 10:27 PM   #148
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

they are awesome as long as you can get smooth with them. I got mine from 911 motorsports on ebay. I think they would work better a little thicker, I drug right off the one I use all the time and had to make a new one out of some 1/8th. maybe I will tack a few washers to the bottom, I think an air gap would work perfect because slag from the pierce always ends up stuck to the guide

I thought I took more pictures today but I didnt. I got everything tucked and taped and out of the way for the front end install, brake lines clipped and even found some bare wires that had been rubbing and fixed them. The negative battery cable did not reach the battery box but I just pulled the bolt and star washer from where it mounted the cable low on the block and moved it up to an empty hole in the head. waste not want not!

IMG_8425 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

then I fixed the rusted portions of the cab that would be under the fenders and would let water pour into the interior if left unfixed. nothing fancy, just some sheetmetal and screws that tie the repair to the strength of the body mount area. finished up with a liberal coat of some undercoating to seal inside and out. then came time to put the front end on.

IMG_8433 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8436 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8434 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I know it looks like tons of room for a mechanical fan, but it would have cut the lower rad hose in half so I am using an electric.

IMG_8435 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I ordered an upper rad hose doohickey that lets me install a temp probe after seeing guys talking about on on the main forum. I was down to make my own but I didnt have any stainless, didnt have any way to swedge the ends, and dont have any stainless wire for the welder anyway. it was 9 bucks, comes tapped for a 1/8NPT, I hope the project gods will forgive me not making one of my own.

I hoped to have the front clip DONE today but it will have to take an extra day because I didnt clearance for the steering box when I was bumping the air director with my 5lb persuader. so the front has to come off briefly again in the morning.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote