View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 09:29 AM   #11
homemade87

Re: Ned help cargo lamo wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by loujizzel View Post
No not yet but I will try it the way you said.... remember I don't have the cargo light but what if I ran the orange wire to the light under the dash and just grounded the white wire would that work... if that will work that means that every time I open the door the under dash light and dome like should come on simultaneously..... what I would like to see is the light come on with the switch...... if you look at the picture of the switch from behind there are two orange wires connected to it is there a way to ground one of those wires and keep the switch two light up the dome light
If you are only wanting the dome to come on with the switch just ground the light white wire to the body and use the switched orange to control the light . Remember the orange is 12v all the time to the switch ( do not ground a orange wire ) so when the door is opened it will no longer turn the dome on like this and will only be controlled by the switch .

Note , The white wire (ground )will not be needed coming from the harness if wire like this .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote