View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 12:19 AM   #75
Dads79GMC

Re: Sparky's 1978 Silverado Build "Addiction"

Day started out awesome!!!! Sarcasm!! Wife and I decided to clean the dryer vent on the second floor of our house. The vent runs inside the wall from the floor up to the ceiling, then turns at about a 45 degree angle in the attic and then through the roof....terrible. Well, I got to the top (approximately 15 feet) with the vent brush attached to sections on a drill and without thinking, flipped the drill into reverse.....Yep, that unscrewed the brush from the sections of wand....real smart, now the brush is near the top, stuck in the vent tube!!!!! Thought I was gonna get a whole day working on the truck, nope, now I had to figure out how in the world I'm gonna get this thing out? Luckily, my wife remembered that our roofing guy who put our new roof on last summer put a high quality roof vent on that you can take apart, of course she remembered that after about 30 minutes of me having a melt-down!!!! I usually go on the roof at the end of cleaning the vent and blow compressed air down the vent. So, this time I went up there and took the vent apart expecting to see the brush....nope!! Start over! Luckily we had a second brush and attached it to the wand (or whatever you call it) and ran it back up the vent to my son who was waiting for it......It showed up, hooked to one section of wand attached and wrapped around with the wand and brush that I ran up the vent. OK, I destroyed two sections of wand and one brush in our adventure, but learned a couple lessons while doing this chore; don't put the drill in reverse and take the vent apart before cleaning the vent, that way I can run the vent brush all the way out and not have to blow air up or down the vent!!!! Yes!!!! Now it was time to work on the truck!!

Dads 79 GMC Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=642929

1978 Silverado Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=756016
Dads79GMC is offline   Reply With Quote