View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #8
SCOTI

Re: Rear flip kit 77 big10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads79GMC View Post
The HD main spring with bushing is 56" vs standard/lt. duty main spring which is 52" (basically eyelet to eyelet). A new spring will have more arch in it and be stiffer. If I were to have used my original HD springs I would have had to C-Notch the frame. When I went to a brand new leaf spring pack (8leafts not counting the overload spring), the distance between the bottom of the frame and the top of the spring increased. More springs the stiffer, yes; however, the older and more worn out, less stiff and less arch.

Just my two cents.
My statement still stands..... While correct, you're statement shows the impact new springs vs. old/used springs can have on height changes.

My statement is about using the spring pack that's already under the truck so there is no change. The only thing that changes the height/dimensions are the lowering parts (flip kit or shackles/hangers). My bet is most folks just swap the parts & don't do new leafs @ the same time.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote