View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #136
CSGAS
optomistic ah-so

Re: Color Wiring Diagram FINISHED

I need to start by thanking everyone who's put time in on setting these diagrams up...I thought I'd be able to make a contribution, but the Master diagram by itself is a work of art, and the other 4 pieces have made it easy to carry around exactly the diagram I need for the place I'm standing at--or laying on the ground under.

I have come to a sudden realization though. The truck i bought has been converted from the generator spec'd in the diagram, to a later internal regualted alternator and the back wired into itself with the single sensing wire run, in what I've come to know as the "right way" for a one-wire daily driver system...but I'm more familiar with installing those from scratch than with viewing someone else's retrofit into a factory harness...what circuit paths get cut out when the external regulator gets bypassed? Anything I need to look at patching back in, or to double check the previous owner's work? The ignition system is currently staying points for a while...HEI &/or adding an MSD box will be one of my summer projects.

My reason for finding the discrepancy came from a "crank but won't run" issue along with headlight and brake light circuits out, and low battery charge...found an hidden break (no burnmarks or heat, just apparently folded back on itself too much in the last 40ish years) in the positive lead to the junction block (and great I haven't used my soldering iron's for so long it's decided to have a similar problem!) so I'm catching a ride to the local parts store tonight for a cable. Man, I'm gonna give that smiley playing the violin a workout...somebody fill his tip jar, please!

1970 C-10 lwb Fleetside. Originally 350 2-bbl 3-on-the-tree, m/b, m/w, m/s no a/c. Currently running on a '76 Camaro 305.