View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 03:34 AM   #55
Kas68c10

I will add my two bits....The video you refer to was worse because- I think,it was Dateline NBC actually put explosives in the car to make the explosion look better, for ratings. However, they did explode on impact and that is bad enuff. I called the National Transportation and Safety board when I put my tank in the back. They have no records of in cab tanks exploding, but then the records dont go back past the 70's. His concern was of a leak/gas smell in the cab, and a dropped cigarette, not so much side impact. He did recommend moving it though, and using a outside the frame rail tank was a no-no. I found a van tank at the wrecker and used it, no one even saw the tank but it only held 11 gallons.I odered a poly tank from GMC paul, put a hitch around it, and I can hold over 20 gallons now. I am at stock height though, if I lowered it I would probably go back to the other tank. If anyone wants it, let me know.....
1968 SWB Stepside, 250,pwr disc brake and tilt pwr steering, 5 spd tranny, HEI,Accel coil,K&N filter,Seat from a later truck with built in seatbelts, front and rear sway bars, moved gas tank to under the bed, headman hedders, new chrome bumpers,one wire alternator,Weber k550cub carburator...WORK IN PROGRESS, Freeland MI , Just bought a 72 Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!