View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 06:24 AM   #56
Russell
Professional Grade

I just finished installing a 31 gallon Blazer tank from a 78 Blazer, other than sitting at a slight angle (I wanted to use the skid plate, otherwise you can use the factory brackets already on your truck and have the tank sit perfectly level, at least with a 73-87. The tank sits about an inch higher in the front than the back, no big worry. I can fix the incorrect gauge reading by adding a resistor or capacitator as needed to make the tank's sending unit have no resistance when the tank is empty) I found the tank only sits about 2" below my step bumper, not even worth thinking about as far as clearance is concerned on a stock 3/4 ton with 32" tires...

I'm also wondering if those 67-72 blazer tanks have a vent or not, becuase my buddy is running the exact same blazer tank as I installed, and it doesn't click off at all at any gas station. I've also found that just the empty fuel tank improved my ride quality by putting a but more weight at the back.