View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
combustion

Re: What HP is really in the 91 Silverado 350/5.7 engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post
Does anyone really know what the early 90s 5.7 engines, with TBI systems had for horsepower ratings? I had the impression that these engines were low compression, low HP rated and this supports their longivity. The numbers that I have heard are around 160 HP from the new car lot. Yet, there are individuals that have psted the numbers as high as 210 hp from the dealers.

Does anyone know the real numbers.

I am looking to replace the 275,000 mile engine in my truck and I am looking at a setup from Pace Performance. This new setup has around 265 HP complete from the crate. This will have the Edelbrock multi-point fuel injection, to assist in the improvement
when i was at tech school, a base 88 1500 short bed made 143 wheel. i remember this kid thought he was hot stuff with his beefy sounding rig. but it was a turd indeed lol. im assuming 160? it has the same pos tbi injection
If it`s 3.73 ratio you will spint the wheel 100 times to the driveshaft`s 373 times.Or,if you`re lazy,you could just spin the wheel once and the driveshaft will spin 3.73 times.Or, 3 and 3/4 turns.And if you`re real lazy,I can sell you a tab for whatever ratio you want.
Or,you could read all the suggestions and try those.It`s been well explained,I think,already.
combustion is offline   Reply With Quote