View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 08:55 PM   #23
dolphans1

Re: My 1956 Chevy Truck won't start

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
Black plugs = too rich. Running with choke on for too long can do this. If the carb is leaking fuel into the manifold you can also get too rich mixture. Pull and check new plugs before trying to start. If they are already black then the fuel mixture was too rich when you tried to start it yesterday. Clean all the black off the plugs before trying to restart (DON'T use a wire wheel!). The carbon that built up can short electricity to ground creating "no spark" plugs.
I pulled all the new plugs out and they looked normal and good or okay, I fired her up on the first crank and she sounded like she might go, but the longer I tried I just knew she wasn't going to.

I'm depressed and bummed out about it, because I cannot see what is actually going on.

When I throttle the accelerate linkage I can see fuel dumping into the throat of the manifold, but I have no luck at all starting.

I am so upset and tired messing with this truck, if anyone wants to buy this truck let me know. I'm throwing in the towel.
dolphans1 is offline   Reply With Quote