View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 01:06 PM   #8
cleszkie

Re: Scored a Four Wheel Camper

I know everyone is waiting for pictures, and I should have some really good ones once my wife sends me the ones she took on our first trip. Driveway pictures are boring, so the first pictures are actual action shots with the camper in use.

We loaded the K5 up and drove to Sedona Arizona for our first trip with the camper. It was a 1200 mile round trip from Orange County, California in the searing heat of the Mojave Desert (110+ degrees), but the K5 and camper made it with flying colors while cruising at 70 mph at 2500 rpm and maintaining a water temp of 205 degrees (peaking out at 215 degrees on some of the long uphill pulls), thanks to my new 383 stroker, BeCool aluminum radiator, dual electric fans, and Gear Vendors overdrive. The wind noise from the camper was surprisingly quiet on the freeway, I would say it was actually quieter than having just the hard top on. And that was with a Thule roof pod, and my son's bike secured to the roof rack.

Everything in the camper worked perfectly, and I got a lot of compliments and questions from people during the whole trip. I even did some mild four wheeling in the back country of Sedona to see the red rock formations up close. Got pictures of that too.

Pictures coming very soon.....
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote