View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 09:22 AM   #6
b454rat

Re: SAS Suburban Pipe Dream

I've been looking and reading SAS for a long time, trying to figure out exactly what I need, and mainly what it will look like. If I didn't already have brand new 375/65s on rims, I'd go with a low SAS. I think if you make the brackets, you can get away with a lower overall height. Most of the companies that make the brackets are made for 3" wide springs. I have the kit from DIY4X and is awesome. I think the only kit that is adjustable, front mounts have the holes 1" apart so can put the axle exactly where you want it. Also the rears are symmetrical, so if you wanted to try 52s over 47s, they unbolt and flip em around. Ive seen some 2wd SAS that are low, and they way I see it, if they can go low there is no reason a 4wd can't. Biggest hurdle is the lower control arm mount/crossmember, if using a GM axle with low lift, it will have to come out, or some serious trimming. Also if low enough, draglink could hit the frame, could either notch, or run the inverted Y like Ferd uses, draglink goes to pass side of the tierod.
b454rat is offline   Reply With Quote