View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 10:52 AM   #42
jocko

Re: OMG Honda door weatherstripping fits perfect no cutting required !!

I have yet to find original style glue on or the newer replacement press on seals that haven't required door slamming. So, personally, I don't care who makes it or what car it was intended for, if it works better than the new repro stuff, I'll buy it. Currently have press ons and they suck as many have noted. But I put those on because the original replacement glue ons sucked too. So, if you have used original style glue on type that don't require door slamming, please provide the exact part number and mfgr. In the meantime, I might be calling Mr. Honda. I'd be curious to know - if someone buys the Honda seals new how the door closing goes for you. Hopefully this isn't just a case of slightly used seals work fine but brand new require slamming. Very interested in this - thanks for posting!

EDIT - and since precision seals is a vendor here, I'd like to hear them address the door slamming issue that everyone is complaining about. It doesn't improve with time. That is what I currently have on my truck btw. I've manipulated the pinch weld to improve things as much as possible, but door closing is still pretty lousy imo.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote