View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 07:54 AM   #22
roll_the_dice

Re: New Compressor arrived today

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott123 View Post
That is a nice compressor.

I understand the comment about posting the price. I feel like I buy high so the next guy can get the deal. LOL

I just upgraded my small compressor (33gal) to a 60 gallon Kobalt. I had some reward points from my work and the compressor ended up costing me about $70 out of pocket.

I do not work out of the shop that much and the 33gal compressor had seen its better days, maybe 20 years old, with a piston and sleeve replacements 10 years ago and a pressure switch about 5.

I looked at the Champions and other high end compressors but for no more use I could not justify going that route.

My buddy has a Champion in his shop and it has been basically service free for 20+ years. He drains it regularly and changes the oil once per year. He runs a one, sometime two man body shop. The compressor has served him well.

Nice.

Scott
Thanks...now if I can get everything finished on it, I would be happier...I have been impressed with this board that no one has gone crazy about the price. I always love using reward points! I bought a TV a few years ago with AMEX points. Fortunately, I own my own business and from home and use the compressor for work as well as fun projects, so the company paid for the compressor. Still real money out of my pocket but I do get tax benefits and a write off of depreciation over the years.
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote