Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #162
User Error

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymangs View Post
User Error; The TBI motor uses 2 temp senders. The one on the passenger head is for the gauge only, The one on the intake is for the ECM. Replace the one on the head with your new sending unit. The ECM doesn't read oil pressure, so you are good to replace that sender anyway.

So, to re-cap, leave the temp sensor in the intake, replace the one in the head with the Dolphin supplied one. Replace the Oil pressure sender with the Dolphin supplied one. Should work like a charm.

There is also a plugged sensor hole on the driver side head (near the exhaust manifold) you can use if you don't want to mess with the original ones.
Yeah I may have to use the one in the drivers side head... The one in the pass head has a single spade connector coming out of it with a red wire attached with a female spade... no clue what it's going to... it runs up to the original loom and I haven't tore it apart to see where it goes... I got into doing a little test lighting on the cluster plug today and found that the pin out you posted is different than mine... I've got no pins in 1,2,3 and 4 and 10 are blinker feeds. 16 is ignition + power... Still unsure on just what year this S10 was... I guess I will just start hooking up one gauge at a time and see where I end up... Can you or someone post a pic of the driver side coolant port I can use for that temp sender? Oil I should be good, just going to use the one where the current mechanical sender is... Speedo, I'm going to need to order a plug since the trans has nothing in that location currently... when I do that can I just run that direct to the speedo? or will I need to include the ECM back into the circuit?