Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 10:48 PM   #59
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Cab supports - Under Cab Repairs

Before I complete the rockers I needed to complete the under cab supports. All 4 of them needs replacement unfortunately. One of them at first looked fine but I see rusted pin holes right up next to the support rails so they all have to go.

So I flipped the cab to make it easier to work on. I got the back 2 supports cut out and filled the whole support column with some Eastwood internal frame coating. The tube has a brass tip on the end with like 5-6 holes so it sprays almost 360 degrees. It's easy to use and prevents rust. I led the hose in each side of the support rails and sprayed as I pulled the hose out slowly.

This stuff did a pretty good job. I should have done 2 coats as I think I would have gotten coverage but I think it definitely going to help. I didn't look at these pics until I already welded in the new supports but that's the nice thing about the hose is it fits in small holes so I will do a second coat tomorrow.

I just connected their paint pre-prep spray to the hose when I finished and it cleaned the hose out really quickly. So now I can use it over and over no prob.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote