Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 08:57 PM   #69
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Finishing up the supports!

I ended up using clamps to hold most of the supports flat against the floor but I didn't have big enough clamps for one side of the front supports so I used self tapping sheet metal screws to suck them close then I just welded up all the holes.

Got everything primed in weld thru primer and went to town welding in the spot welds and butt welds...

I found a socket that fit inside spacer just perfectly and that held my body mount bolt hole true while I welded up the front support that had to be completely replaced.

And here are some of the spot welds I had to make from inside the cab. Don't mind the crap looking floor, I ended up removing more of the dynomat that was down to access the section of the floor to weld and yeah, I see the pitting, but it's just gonna have to stay that way.. I will clean it up nice, spray some rust encapsulator on it, then redo the dynomat which seals pretty good. Only reason it was pitting was because of the water getting into the cab and I don't anticipate anymore of that happening. The underneath side of the floor is perfect so this pitting didn't go too deep.

And here is a shot of a few of the opposite sides of the spot welds to see the penetration, looks good if you ask me. Polarity, Polarity, Polarity.... Get that right!

Stay tuned, I already cut the patch for old floor shifter in trans tunnel and started burning it in. Updates on that tomorrow. Then its time to sit the cab on the frame and finish the rockers, roof panel, and stereo DIN fix.

PS: I put a second coat of that frame sealer in the cab support running along the back end of the cab and as I pulled the tube out I spun it in my fingers so it was twirling around to make sure I got all the crevices this time. I think it did really good. Anyway that is why you see those black runs going down the cab, its where it leaked out of the frame rail. I actually have a hole to weld up further on one of the welds inside the cab because it leaked out of the spot weld...

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 01-25-2019 at 09:03 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote