Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 12:01 AM   #72
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Finishing touches on the under side of floor pan...

Well I finally finished the floor pan. All the supports are burned in and today I sealed up the old floor shifter hole and and old fuel tank holes. Got everything cleaned up and a little weld thru primer over the welds to hold it steady while I flip the cab back over and plant it on the frame rails tomorrow.

I can't wait to show you guys the jig I am building to pick the cab up with the cherry picker. It's gonna make this a one man show with ease. Cost me $20 to make this thing.

The trans tunnel turned out better than I thought even though it doesn't look like it in the pictures. I still need to dolly out the bumps but it ended up fitting pretty well after I thought I cut too much off my patch. I like to start on one end and then start stretching the piece to fit.

This is as good as its gonna get right here. a little primer, little seam sealer, lizard skin, this thing will be good as gone.

Fuel tank holes filled...

And here it is finished. When I finish all the rest of metal work it will get flipped back over, cleaned, scuffed, and e-primed then lizard skinned with ceramic coating. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just remove all the leftover dynomat and just lizard skin the inside too. We'll see... I either need to buy more dynomat or a bucket of sound deadner lizard skin to go with the ceramic lizard skin.

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 01-28-2019 at 09:32 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote