Thread: 400/406 Builds
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #97
68nou1

Re: 400/406 Builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol84 View Post
Should be a great combo 68nou1.

I ran the numbers and seems my compression is higher than I would like. A little more research to be had on my end on DCR. I could bump up to a larger comb chamber (72cc-76cc) head and that might solve the problem. Definitely want it streetable. My 84 C10 engine is a beast and I want this to more street friendly. What kind of cam profiles does one look at to bleed off DCR?

Thanks,
Rusty
Posted via Mobile Device
Sure will. I can't rattle off all the specs but will get them as soon as I can and don't want to give you any wrong info. My compression was a little higher than I would like but is still streetable, just need to have a good octane boost additive with pump gas. I had a set of heads that were 74 cc on the combustion chamber but from what ive read the 400's like to breath and those heads were really choking it down. From what we found I could be over 500hp if I had them worked. but like I said I am happy with it for now at least. Any recommendations on a good octane booster in a bottle would be helpful though.

'68 Camaro - 408 sbc, Muncie m20, 9' rear, hotchkis supsension (aka Betty)

'72 C10 - pretty much all stock as far as i know, for right now anyways (aka Charlie)
68nou1 is offline   Reply With Quote