View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 02:16 AM   #7
LiLDrumKing3

Re: Homemade Serpentine Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwipp View Post
idk if you want to do this.. but ill let ya know lol i wanted serpentine but didnt have the money. sooo i went to the junkyard and got a serpentine belt system off a 4.3l s10 engine. it bolts right up to a 350! and then you can steal the newer style alternator and air conditioner pump.

i just got the brakets from a junkyard cleaned them up and painted them with aluminum blast. looks nice. but prolly not as nice as cnc machined ones. and slightly off topic.. but what auto cad does your brother use?
I did buy a serpentine system, it wasn't the one from the 4.3. I think it was off of like a 94 suburban or something. It was all I could find at the time. It was pretty hideous, but I was still willing to try. Turns out I didn't have all of the holes in front of the passenger side head that I needed, and I think the 4.3 brackets use the same bolt holes. So I figured I would take this opportunity to try and come up with my own bracket that looks nice and hopefully fairly inexpensive. As for the autocad, I have no clue. My guess would be the new one. if that helps any.

Check out my Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=410658
LiLDrumKing3 is offline   Reply With Quote