View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 01:14 AM   #7
Ricos54

Re: Carbruator for best gas mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
I'd have to first ask if you have run the 670 or if it is still in the box and you can return it.
With some careful jetting and some other tuning such as picking the right accelerator pump cams to help mileage you might get reasonable mileage with it.

Any carb has to be tuned to the engine it is on and the type of driving that the car or truck it is on is going to do. Many of us put up with a box stock carb that has little more than the idle speed set and the Idle mixture screws set for the highest vacuum reading and little else and don't get too carried away with trying to get the best performance and or mileage out of the carb.
The Holley came with the engine, so I can't take it back and I'm a long ways off before driving it. My buddy wants to buy the carb so I told him to buy me the Edelbrock, but he told me he didn't know if that is my best choice. He ask if there was anyway of finding out which carb would fit my needs the best, so I told him I would post on here to see what you guy's would recommend.
Ricos54 is offline   Reply With Quote